Re: Initdb on Windows 2003

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: James_Hughes(at)McAfee(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Initdb on Windows 2003
Date: 2006-03-01 16:26:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(private email says leaving off --user=foo doesn't fix it ;-( )

Since you have apparently compiled your own, could you please try with
the latest stable initdb.c code for your release? That is version
1.99.2.2 for release 8.1 or 1.73.4.3 for release 8.0. They are
downloadable here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/bin/initdb/initdb.c

Maybe there's something odd about your setup - we have a WS2k3 machine
happily building and running on buildfarm: see
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=snake&br=REL8_1_STABLE

If it still doesn't work, you might get some useful info from initdb --debug

Thanks

andrew