psql: \x and slash commands

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psql: \x and slash commands
Date: 2005-06-10 01:53:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Someone commented to me recently that they usually use psql's \x
"expanded output" mode, but find that it produces pretty illegible
results for psql slash commands such as \d. I can't really see a reason
you would _want_ "expanded output" mode for the result sets of psql
slash commands. Would anyone object to changing \x to not affect that
way that the result sets of slash commands are printed?

-Neil