GiST concurrency and recovery for 8.1

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: GiST concurrency and recovery for 8.1
Date: 2005-06-07 13:47:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Hi there,

I want to inform that we began to work on concurrency and recovery
support in GiST on our's own account and hope to be ready before 8.1
code freeze. There was some noise about possible sponsoring of our work,
but we didn't get any offering yet, so we're looking for sponsorhip !

We recognize that current GiST doesn't conform to enterprize level and
our people starting experience difficulties using our extensions in
production environment. That's why we decided to meet the wishes of
GiST users not waiting real sponsorship.

Our plan is to implement recovery first because we'll use LSN as NSN
(node sequence number) needed for concurrency.

Fpr details see "Concurrency and Recovery in Generalized Search Trees"
by M. Kornacker, C.Mohan, J. Hellerstein.

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83