Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HEAD \df doesn't show functions with no arguments
Date: 2005-04-04 00:59:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:08:54PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> Quoting Tom Lane:
> > I thought the "S" suggestion was much better than this.
> >
> > Personally I am not unhappy with the existing behavior, because (unlike
> > Greg I guess) I use \df and \do to look at system definitions all the
> > time. However I'm willing to accept \dfS on the grounds of symmetry
> > with the behavior for tables. I don't really want to put up with a less
> > convenient behavior *and* a gratuitously different syntax.

FWIW, the pg_sysview project is doing user and all variants of system
views, ie: pg_user_tables and pg_all_tables. I also wish there was a way
to get just user functions. I like the idea of \dfS, and if you also
wanted to be able to see all functions listed together, a \dfA (for all)
doesn't seem unreasonable.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant decibel(at)decibel(dot)org