Makefile.shlib functionality on win32

From: "Thomas Hallgren" <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Makefile.shlib functionality on win32
Date: 2004-05-06 21:11:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have a minor problem. I'd like to use the Makefile.shlib that comes with
PostgreSQL when creating the pljava.dll. Due to the way native methods are
linked in Java, I need to use the dlltool option "--add-stdcall-alias" when
I create the dll definition file. In the Makefile.shlib, the dlltool for
cygwin and win32 is invoked as:
$(DLLTOOL) --export-all --output-def $(NAME).def $(OBJS)

in other words, there's no place to add extra options. I'd like it to be:

$(DLLTOOL) --export-all $(DLLTOOL_DEFFLAGS) --output-def $(NAME).def $(OBJS)

where DLLTOOL_DEFFLAGS is empty per default. The name DLLTOOL_DEFFLAGS is
chosen so that a DLLTOOL_LIBFLAGS could be added for the second dlltool
invokation that produces the lib. A DLLWRAP_FLAGS extending the dllwrap
invocation could be added as well (I don't need the latter two but I think
they should be added for consistency).

Is such a patch something that could be accepted?

regards,

Thomas Hallgren