Old binary packages.

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Old binary packages.
Date: 2004-01-19 19:35:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am looking at the possibility of cleaning up the binary tree on the ftp
site, and was wondering what the group thought about purging old binaries.
What I was thinking would be to remove all but the last minor release of each
major version. Thus, I would remove 7.4, but leave 7.4.1. The space taken
by binaries is significant (about 1GB at this point). Since we are keeping
all source releases (although I would question that, since we use CVS),
keeping all the binaries around is just a space waster, IMHO.

Comments?
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology