Re: Performance features the 4th

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance features the 4th
Date: 2003-11-09 23:42:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

> [...]

Sorry for the delay, had to finish some other concept yesterday (will be
published soon).

The attached patch adds

vacuum_group_delay_size = 10 (range 1-1000)
vacuum_group_delay_msec = 0 (range 0-1000)

and does the sleeping via select(2). It does it only at the same places
where Tom had done the usleep() in his hack, so I guess there is still
some more to do besides the documentation, before it can be added to
7.4.1. But it should be enough to get some testing done.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #

vacuum_group_delay.74.diff text/plain 6.4 KB