Re: Vote: Adding flex/bison derived files in WIN32_DEV

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Vote: Adding flex/bison derived files in WIN32_DEV
Date: 2003-09-15 07:03:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

After installing the following into my msys/mingw set:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/bison-1.875.0-2003.02.10-1.exe?download
and http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~main/mingw32/flex-2_5_4a.zip (Not sure if
this was needed, but I did it anyway) and then running
"configure --without-zlib --without-readline", I was able to "make" the
branch right through to the stage where it fails to link because of missing
fork/signmask/etc. Bison ran just fine, apparently.

If you do this make sure you install everything in default locations - the
bison binary has a hardcoded location for m4 (yuck).

cheers

andrew