Re: How to REINDEX in high volume environments?

From: "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)contactbda(dot)com>
Subject: Re: How to REINDEX in high volume environments?
Date: 2002-09-30 13:24:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Just wanted to pipe in here. I am still very interested in tablespaces ( I have many database systems that are over
500GB and growing) and am willing to port my tablespace patch to 7.4. I have everything (but only tested here) working
in 7.2 but the patch was not accepted. I didn't see a great speed improvement but the patch helps with storage management.

Recap. the patch would enable the following

a database to have a default data tablespace and index tablespace
a user to have a default data and index tablespace
a table to have a specific tablespace
an index to have a specfic tablespace

I would like to also add namespace (schema) to have a default data and index tablespaces

Jim