Re: PL/pgSQL RENAME bug?

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Jan Wieck"(at)saturn(dot)janwieck(dot)net, janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com, PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL RENAME bug?
Date: 2002-03-13 14:59:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

Digging into it now, I remember why it is there. In the
Oracle world, someone can declare a trigger that references
to NEW or OLD by other names. This RENAME was a workaround so
one doesn't need to change the whole trigger body, but just
adds a line in the DECLARE section doing the job.

Therefore, I think removal is not such a good idea. Fixing it
properly will take a little longer as I am a little busy at
the moment.

Jan