Re: PQfformat question and retrieving bytea data in C

From: Jason Armstrong <ja(at)riverdrums(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PQfformat question and retrieving bytea data in C
Date: 2012-08-30 10:36:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank-you for the thoughtful answers.

I have updated my C library to return the binary data correctly. I
note the restriction on not being able to retrieve different columns
in different formats.

I found that my perl DBI interface wasn't happy either with the
'escape' output format, so I changed bytea_output to 'hex', and
DBD::Pg is also happy now (I also read that the hex format is more
efficient).

--
Jason Armstrong