We need you to beta-test PostgreSQL 9.1

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: We need you to beta-test PostgreSQL 9.1
Date: 2011-05-03 01:56:06
Lists: pgsql-general

As you've already read, PostgreSQL 9.1 Beta 1 is out. This means that
the PostgreSQL developers have done most of the work, and it's now your
turn. It's time for you to test PostgreSQL 9.1 and give us feedback.
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1313

Given the record-setting number of new features in version 9.1, I'm sure
you can find at least one you want to try out. So do it now, download
PostgreSQL 9.1 beta, install it, and test the new feature. Then write
up a test report or two.

Beta Testing Guide: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HowToBetaTest
How to Report Beta Tests:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HowToBetaTest#Reporting_Tests

The webform for reporting tests is new. Right now it's a googledoc, but
later it'll be a Django application. The idea is to make it as easy as
possible for you to give us beta test reports. No authentication is
required, and you don't have to subscribe to any mailing lists, and you
don't need to harvest pg_controldata and log files. Every 5 minutes,
the test reports grid is updated.

Don't just report problems and failures. We want to know the successful
tests too; that way we know how close we are to a release.

Mind you, if you do want to join a mailing list, you can join the
pgsql-testers list (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-testers/) in
order to discuss testing and ask questions. It's pretty low traffic.

But the important thing is for you to get out and test. It's your turn.
Both the quality and the speed of release for 9.1 depend on you.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Core Team