port warded (iptables) postgres

From: zhong ming wu <mr(dot)z(dot)m(dot)wu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: port warded (iptables) postgres
Date: 2010-11-16 23:41:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

I have successfully used iptables to direct ports for other services.
For example I run apache on 8443 on 127.0.0.1 and
use iptable to direct traffic to public ip on 443. Trying the same
with postgresql does not seem to work properly.

I was wondering whether anyone has successfully used iptables +
postgres this way

Thanks in advance

Mr. Wu