Re: Error while compiling on HP-UX ia64

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Derk Jan Horstman <dj(dot)horstman(at)anva(dot)nl>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error while compiling on HP-UX ia64
Date: 2010-10-11 15:40:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Derk Jan Horstman <dj(dot)horstman(at)anva(dot)nl> writes:
> After a new install of HP-UX B.11.23 (ia64) and installing the latest patches on it, I've tried to compile PostgreSQL 9.0.1 from source again.
> But I've still got problems with compiling, the process is ending with the next errors:
> ip.c: In function 'pg_foreach_ifaddr':
> ip.c:654: error: storage size of 'lifc' isn't known
> ip.c:725: error: 'struct lifreq' has no member named 'lifr_addr'
> ip.c:735: error: 'struct lifreq' has no member named 'lifr_addr'

Hm. A bit of googling suggests that HPUX is randomly incompatible with
the rest of the world concerning the output format of SIOCGLIFCONF
(which is no great surprise).

Unfortunately, it seems they've shut down www.testdrive.hp.com, which
means there's no longer any easy access to HP systems on which one could
test a fix. If you want this fixed, you're going to have to do it
yourself, or find some other HPUX user who will fix it, or provide
access to an HPUX system to somebody who wants to fix it.