NASA needs Postgres - Nagios help

From: "Duncavage, Daniel P(dot) (JSC-OD211)" <daniel(dot)p(dot)duncavage(at)nasa(dot)gov>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: NASA needs Postgres - Nagios help
Date: 2010-07-13 16:14:51
Lists: pgsql-general

We are implementing Nagios on Space Station and want to use PostgreSQL to store the data on orbit and then replicate that db on the ground. The problem is, most people use MySQL with Nagios. We need an addon to ingest Nagios data into PostgreSQL. It looks like the most reasonable implementation is to update the NDOUtils addon to support PostgreSQL. Does anyone have such an addon, or want to write one?

I'm the NASA project manager for the set of computers on Space Station and we plan to deploy this capability this year. If have to write our own addon, we will, but I'd rather use something already out there.