Re: ERROR in createlang

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: erobles <erobles(at)sensacd(dot)com(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR in createlang
Date: 2010-01-05 04:23:44
Lists: pgsql-general

erobles <erobles(at)sensacd(dot)com(dot)mx> writes:
> Hi! i have an error when i try to add/create a plpgsql language in
> Postgresql 8.3.1 on SCO Openserver 5.0.7
> createlang: langauge installation failed: ERROR could not access file
> "$libdir/plpgsql": No such file or directory.

> But, the file plpgsql.so exists in the directory, please,could you
> suugestion to fix that error???.

Well, first, are you really sure you know where $libdir points to?
"pg_config --pkglibdir" is the thing to check.

If the directory is right, then my guess would be that the error message
is not complaining about plpgsql.so itself, but about some other shared
library that plpgsql.so depends on. I don't know what the SCO
equivalent of ldd is, but hopefully there's something you can use to
look at a shlib's dependencies.