Update /src/tools/msvc to VC++ 2008

From: Dave Huber <DHuber(at)letourneautechnologies(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Update /src/tools/msvc to VC++ 2008
Date: 2009-08-28 16:07:35
Lists: pgsql-general

I have recently installed MS VC++ 2008 Express Edition for a project that interfaces with PostgreSQL. I really liked that it had tools for creating the solution and projects under VC++. However, the perl scripts create solution and project files for VC++ 2005. This causes the build to fail if you have 2008 installed since the projects need to be updated before they can be built with vcbuild. I rewrote the perl scripts to format the solution and project files for 2008 and everything works fine now. 2 questions:

1. Is there an update to these files I don't know about that could have saved me this work?
2. Can I submit my scripts and have the msvc tools reviewed/updated?

Thanks,
Dave Huber

This electronic mail message is intended exclusively for the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed. This message, together with any attachment, is confidential and may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, retaining, copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email message to the sender and delete all copies of this message.
THIS E-MAIL IS NOT AN OFFER OR ACCEPTANCE: Notwithstanding the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other law of similar import, absent an express statement to the contrary contained in this e-mail, neither this e-mail nor any attachments are an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract, and are not intended to bind the sender, LeTourneau Technologies, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or any other person or entity.
WARNING: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.