[fulltext]Gin index full scan

From: esemba <esemba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [fulltext]Gin index full scan
Date: 2009-05-11 13:04:39
Lists: pgsql-general

I've a table with tsvector column named meta_vector. Over this column there
is a gin index. When I execute query like:
select id from theses where meta_vector @@@ to_tsquery('cs', 'foo | (!bar)')

I get an errror message: query requires full scan, which is not supported by
GIN indexes.

The weird thing is, that when I drop the index, or disable index scans, it
works. Why can't the planner just use full scans instead of index scans on
such the queries? Thanks for help.

Lukas