Pet Peeves?

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pet Peeves?
Date: 2009-01-29 13:16:17
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm putting together a talk on "PostgreSQL Pet Peeves" for discussion at
FOSDEM 2009 this year. I have a pretty good idea what some them are of course,
but I would be interested to hear if people have any complaints from personal
experience. What would be most interesting is if you can explain an example of
when the problem caused real inconvenience to you, since sometimes it's hard
to see from a theoretical description where the real harm lies.

So, what do people say? Is Postgres perfect in your world or does it do some
things which rub you the wrong way?

Feel free to respond on-list or if you prefer in personal emails. I do intend
to use the ideas you give in my presentation so mark anything you wouldn't be
happy to see in a slide at a conference some day.

--
Gregory Stark