Making sure \timing is on

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Making sure \timing is on
Date: 2008-05-11 23:52:00
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-patches

Is there a way to make certain \timing is on?

I am looking for something simmilar to what one can do with the pager
\pset pager always

Most scripts I am working with (inheritted) don't have \timing in them so I
can put timing on/off as needed. However some scripts already have it. So if
I set \timing before the script and the script calls it again then it gets
turned off.

As I go over all the scripts it will be less of an issue, but I still would
like a way to make sure timing is on, before I run some scripts without
having to first check the script to see if I had put \timing in the script
or not.