Re: troubble with contrib compile

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: marcelo Cortez <jmdc_marcelo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: troubble with contrib compile
Date: 2007-07-11 17:15:47
Lists: pgsql-general

marcelo Cortez <jmdc_marcelo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar> writes:
> i downloaded postgres8.2.4 sources , expand and
> ./configure and install with success.
> Now i need one module from contrib directory ,
> fuzzystrmatch
> cd /postgres/contrib/fuzzymatchstr [ ok ]
> make
> throws

> make
> Makefile:15: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file
> or directory

You seem to have removed the results of configure. As a general rule
it's best to build the contrib modules in the same tree where you just
built the Postgres core --- they definitely need configure's outputs
and I think some of them require other files that get built along the
way.

If you are trying to match a previously built core system, be sure to
re-configure with the exact same configure options, else the contrib
modules may not work. pg_config --configure will help refresh your
memory if you forgot what you used ...