Transactional DDL

From: "Jasbinder Singh Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transactional DDL
Date: 2007-06-02 14:45:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

A few days back, it was commented by someone in the community that Postgres
has
this Transactional DDL feature.
What I understand about Transactional DDL is something like this:

begin
--ddl 1
--ddl 2
end;

I believe that if a database supports transactional ddl then ddl1 and ddl2
would commit together as a batch
And
If a Db doesn't support this transactional DDL feature then ddl1 executes
and commits without even caring about ddl2. Right?

~Jas