Postgresql fails to start?

From: Dianne Yumul <dianne(at)wellsgaming(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql fails to start?
Date: 2005-06-06 22:24:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello list,

We have Fedora Core 4 Test 3 installed on a development box and just
recently installed Postgresql 8.0.3. Sometimes, when starting
postgresql with the /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql script, it gives me the
following:

/usr/bin/chcon: can't apply partial context to unlabeled file
/home/postgres/pgstartup.log

Sometimes it is followed by the OK message (postgresql started OK), and
sometimes by the FAILED message. But either way, when you do a ps aux |
grep postmaster it shows postmaster is running.

I googled and found that it is related to SELinux, but I already have
it disabled and even passed selinux=0 to the kernel via grub.conf. Am I
missing something? Sorry, but I'm very new to this SELinux stuff and
was hoping will get help here from you gurus before asking the SELinux
gurus.

Thank you so much.

Dianne