psql question on echo output

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: 'PgSql General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psql question on echo output
Date: 2005-02-03 06:59:03
Lists: pgsql-general

I have output set to go to a file with \o. Now I want to process a file
with \i. With ECHO set to all, I would like the statement to be echoed
in the file before the output, but instead it comes to the screen
(standard output). Is there some setting or trick I missed to
accomplish this? I realize I can get all output in the file with
something like psql -f file > out, but I want to use the \i option so
the connection state and psql settings can be persisted across
different file executions.

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/