Re: capturing/viewing sort_mem utilization on a per query basis

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lonni J Friedman <netllama(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: capturing/viewing sort_mem utilization on a per query basis
Date: 2005-02-02 18:47:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Lonni J Friedman <netllama(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> OK, i think i see what you're requesting. How's this:

What about field_value, does it in fact have circa 34444 rows?

These tables are surely nowhere near big enough to bloat a hash table to
upwards of 2Gb, as your log shows happened. I'm thinking that you must
have found some sort of bug, or memory leak maybe. Is there a way I can
get access to your data set to trace through the behavior with a debugger?

(We should probably take the discussion offlist at this point.)