Re: [HACKERS] Rollback on Error

From: Alvaro Herrera Munoz <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Rollback on Error
Date: 2004-10-08 18:57:56
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 08:40:56PM +0200, Michael Paesold wrote:

> I hope you will be willing to comment on the issues when times come. I am
> not really satisfied myself, but without further discussion I did not want
> to continue to work on it. Anyway, I understand this is not the right time
> now (8.0 beta).

I think it would be wise to create a function to discover what savepoints
are available, and from that know when to release an automatically-
established savepoint.

Of course, the function would only work when the backend is not in abort
state, but I think that's a reasonable restriction.

"Ni aun el genio muy grande llegaría muy lejos
si tuviera que sacarlo todo de su propio interior" (Goethe)