Announce: PgBrowse-0.9

From: Jerry LeVan <jerry(dot)levan(at)eku(dot)edu>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-annnounce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Announce: PgBrowse-0.9
Date: 2004-05-06 19:04:16
Lists: pgsql-general

PgBrowse is a multiplatform Postgresql database browser written in
Tcl/Tk. PgBrowse provides an easy to use interface to Postgresql 7.4*

PgBrowse provides a simple text pane for entering SQL or PL/* code.
The user can choose to execute a single line, multiple statements or
the contents of the entire edit window. Server notices and selection
results are displayed in their own "panes".

The program will use L Bayuk's pgintcl postgres-tcl interface if the
standard postgresql library is not present. Thus *no* postgresql
software need be present to use the program.

I have run the program on MacOS X and Windows XP. I have not heard any
feedback on Linux ( but a recent version of Tcl/Tk should be
sufficient).

The home for the software is http://homepage.mac.com/levanj/TclTk

Enjoy,

Jerry