Re: conversion_create.sql (Related to BUG#1072)

From: Gunasekaran Balakrishnan <guna(at)motorola(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: conversion_create.sql (Related to BUG#1072)
Date: 2004-03-25 16:37:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

>Gunasekaran Balakrishnan <guna(at)motorola(dot)com> writes:
>

>>creating conversions... ERROR: could not access file
>>"$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or directory
>>

>What does "pg_config --pkglibdir" report? Is ascii_and_mic.so actually
>present in that directory? If so, I would guess that the "no such file"
>failure actually means that the dynamic loader couldn't locate some
>other shared library that ascii_and_mic.so depends on. Use ldd or local
>equivalent to inspect ascii_and_mic.so's library dependencies. You
>might need to fool with ldconfig settings or some such.

"pg_config --pkglibdir" shows me "/usr/local/pgsql/lib".

Since I did not specify --prefix when I did a configure, I assume it took
the default as /usr/local/pgsql/.

So, it it that the this path is fixed and that I have to always have
pgsql installed
only in this path ?
So, if I need the install directory to be /usr/local/pgsql.7.4.2
instead, do I need
to recompile completely ?

Actually, I wanted to compile postgres 7.4.2 and distribute the
binaries/libraries
it to my team. So, is it mandatory that they take the also place the
binaries/libraries
in the same location -- "/usr/local/pgsql" ?
So, is this path configurable at runtime ?
This was not the case with 7.2.2 where I could place the
binaries/libraries in a
different place than where it was installed during compilation.

Thanks a lot,
guna.