COMMENT ON CONSTRAINT

From: Wolfgang Drotschmann <drotschm(at)fgan(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COMMENT ON CONSTRAINT
Date: 2003-07-30 08:27:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi folks,

the PostgreSQL 7.3.2 Reference Manual tells me about the SQL command
"comment" (which is a extension of SQL). Since this can be used to
provide a first quick reference on various database objects, I started
to use this.

One of those objects you can comment on can be a constraint. So I
define a constraint and a comment on that constraint. While all other
comments seem to make it into a thing called "Object descriptions"
-which can be seen with psql command "\dd"- I can't find the comment on
the constraint.
Same thing for comments on sequences, too.

Btw, I looked into the sources (./postgresql-7.3.2/src/test/regress/sql
I mean) with a grep. Nearly no usage of "COMMENT ON" (three times for
"comment on" ;-)...

So, did I miss something? Or is this something that PostgreSQL doesn't
(fully) support at the moment?

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.3.2 and psql (PostgreSQL) 7.3.2.

Thanks for listening!
Wolfgang