fairly current mysql v postgresql comparison need for advocacy

From: merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com (Randal L(dot) Schwartz)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: fairly current mysql v postgresql comparison need for advocacy
Date: 2003-03-24 14:52:41
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm getting beaten up by the mysql users around me because they claim
that MySQL 4.x with InnoDB solves all of the ACID problems, so Pg no
longer pulls clearly ahead.

Has anyone examined this closely so that I have some nice things to
say about Pg instead?

Also, has anyone done a MySQL 4.x v Pg 7.{2,3}.x comparison recently?
All of the comparisons I saw in google were older.

Thanks.

<merlyn(at)stonehenge(dot)com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>