Re: Fw: configure error with krb5

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "kanchana" <pkkanchana(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fw: configure error with krb5
Date: 2003-01-23 14:25:53
Lists: pgsql-general

"kanchana" <pkkanchana(at)gmx(dot)net> writes:
> So i edited postgres.bki file as you sent(missind quotes..). Once i give
> quotes as follows..it works fine.

okay ...

> * is there any problem with the 'sed' or 'awk' installed on my
> machine(made me to edit .bki file)

Evidently. Or maybe we're doing something non-portable, though I'd have
thought any such problem would have been noticed before now. If you
want to dig into it, you can look at src/backend/catalog/genbki.sh,
which is the shell script that builds postgres.bki from the input files
in src/include/catalog --- in particular, pg_proc.h is the one that
gives rise to the line that's gettting munged. Perhaps you could trace
through genbki.sh and figure out just what's going wrong? Then you
could either send in a bug report against your sed or awk, or let us
know how we blew it.

> * i builded wih --with-krb5, how to test krb5 authentication to find whether
> it works fine or not. plz point me any link or steps.

Sorry, I know nothing at all about Kerberos. Anyone out there?