ERROR: Unable to open PostgreSQL large object

From: "Matt Magoffin (Borders Online)" <mmagoffi(at)borders(dot)com>
To: "'php-general(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net'" <php-general(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: Unable to open PostgreSQL large object
Date: 1999-06-24 01:06:44
Lists: pgsql-general

I just updated from LinuxPPC R4 to R5, and after much headache of getting
PostgreSQL (6.5) actually running again now I'm having problems using large
objects from PHP (3.0.9). Up to this upgrade I was having no problems, but
now when I try to open a LO via pg_loopen() I get the error "Unable to open
PostgreSQL large object".

This happens if I try to open exising large objects with pg_loopen( $conn,
$loid, 'r' ) or for write with pg_loopen( $conn, $loid, 'w').

pg_locreate() works fine, and I verify the proper xinvXXXXXX and xinxXXXXXX
files have been created in the Postgres data directory.

After I updated to LinuxPPC R5 I had to recompile Postgres to use glibc2...
and the compiler with R5 is egcs 2.91.66. After getting some help from the
Postgres mailing list it turned out that the linux_ppc template needed to
change the compiler optimization flags from CFLAGS:-O2 to -O0. Then it ran
without problem, but before then I had many "oid" errors.

Does anybody else have PHP/Postgres/LinuxPPC R5 running that is using the
pg_loopen() call OK?

Thanks, M@

< < < senor mateo
borders.com jefe interactivo