Re: [GENERAL] Using SELECT to get table info.

From: Bob Dusek <bobd(at)palaver(dot)net>
To: Paul Ramsey <pramsey(at)refractions(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Using SELECT to get table info.
Date: 1999-01-26 18:56:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey Paul,

Try doing a \dS from your postgres command prompt.

It lists all the system's tables and - in there somewhere ?? - is all of
the stuff you'll need. I actually spent some time trying to figure
this stuff out once and I found out that postgres keeps a lot of data
that I don't understand. If you want I can send you along a little
memo I wrote to some of the programmers here, at Palaver.

But, some more experienced psql user will probably be able to steer you
more directly at what you're looking for.

Lemme know,

Bob