Re: Postgres on Cygwin

From: David Mitchell <david(dot)mitchell(at)telogis(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres on Cygwin
Date: 2004-03-12 04:16:45
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

>> Could you give me a guide to building postgres with cygserver please?
>

> Yes, it is very easy:
>
> 1. Uninstall cypipc (if installed)
> 2. Reinstall Cygwin (if you uninstalled cygipc)
> 3. Build PostgreSQL (using the normal procedure)

That's great, thank you. There is still a problem though. Postgres
builds and installs fine, but now when I try to run initdb I get a whole
lot of signal 12 messages:

$ initdb -D /usr/postgres/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "davidm".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/postgres/data... ok
creating directory /usr/postgres/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/postgres/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/postgres/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/postgres/data/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
10
selecting default shared_buffers... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/postgres/data/base/1... Signal 12

initdb: failed
initdb: removing data directory "/usr/postgres/data"

Your help is very much appreciated, thanks

--
David Mitchell
Software Engineer

NOTICE:
This message (including any attachments) contains CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION intended for a specific individual and purpose, and
is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.