Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: "S(dot) L(dot)" <s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Andrew Klimov <and_k_98(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...
Date: 2003-01-23 12:51:22
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

SLao,

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 01:59:29AM -0500, S. L. wrote:
> Anyway, if plTcl is harder to manage to compile, I think a more
> usefull tcl approach would be to have a cygwin autotools enabled pgtcl
> binding library. In my opinion a lot of users come to pl/Tcl as a
> quick way to have graphical interfaces to postgresql, not necessary
> because of their better skills in tcl than e.g. pl/pgSQL.

I will leave it to others to address the above.

Anyway, I started to debug the PL/Tcl problem. These are my
observations:

1. pltcl.dll is successfully loaded by postgres
2. pltcl.dll is successfully loading cygtcl83.dll (which is not
surprising since the Windows loader does this)
3. pltcl.dll is failing in pltcl_init_all() (which is very early in the
initialization process)
4. Tcl_CreateInterp() succeeds (so at least one Tcl function seems to
work)
5. Tcl_CreateSlave() fails (unfortunately, I could not determine why
with a limited amount of effort)

I will leave it to those who have the interest to continue
debugging this problem.

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6