Problem running psql on win32

From: avishorp(at)walla(dot)co(dot)il
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem running psql on win32
Date: 2002-09-15 14:01:07
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm trying to run psql on Windows 2000, but it prints an error message saying:
psql: could not create socket: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.
(0x0000273F)
Debugging a small application I have written myself, I have discovered that the function 'socket()' inside the database connection function fails with the error: "The specified address family is not supported".
>From the cygwin environment, psql is running fine, and I have properly installed cygipc.
Does anyone know that problem?
Best regards,
Avishay Orpaz