Cygwin InstallXLogFileSegment() rename() patch

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Pgsql-Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "David P(dot) Caldwell" <inonit(at)inonit(dot)com>, Barry Pederson <bp(at)barryp(dot)org>
Subject: Cygwin InstallXLogFileSegment() rename() patch
Date: 2002-05-13 18:03:06
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-patches

The attached patch fixes a problem with InstallXLogFileSegment()'s use
of link() under Cygwin:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2002-04/msg00072.php

Note that it appears that BeOS and Netware also have the above or
similar problem.

I have only verified that PostgreSQL builds under Cygwin with this patch.
Since I cannot reproduce the problem, I cannot verify that the proposed
patch solves it. Nevertheless, both Barry Pederson and David P. Caldwell
attest that this patch solves the problem. See the following for details:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2002-05/msg00043.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2002-05/msg00040.php

Thanks,
Jason