PostgreSQL 8.5 Alpha2 RPMs released.

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.5 Alpha2 RPMs released.
Date: 2009-11-05 22:55:32
Lists: pgsql-announce

Hi,

PostgreSQL RPM Building Project released RPM sets for 2nd Alpha of the
upcoming 8.5 release.

Please note that these packages are **not** production ready. They are
for Fedora 7,8,9,11 and RHEL/CentOS 4,5.

These packages *do* require a dump/reload, even from the first alpha
packages, because of catversion updates.

We need more people to discover any bugs and test new features in 8.5
development version.

Here is the list of the new features in 8.5 development version:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8-5.html

This RPM set has new experimental feature that has been requested for a
long time: Multiple version installation for RPMs.

As usual, please find detailed info about RPMs from:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/howtuyum.php

A mini howto about 8.5 alpha release2 + RPMs are here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/news-8.5alpha-packages-ready-for-testing.php

Please report any packaging related errors to me. If you find any
PostgreSQL 8.5 bugs, please post them to pgsql-bugs(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org or
fill out this form:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/submitbug

Sincerely,
--