New Point Releases Now Available

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New Point Releases Now Available
Date: 2005-10-04 23:15:16
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

In order to address several issues identified since our last Point
Releases, we have just released the following new versions of PostgreSQL:
7.3.11, 7.4.9 and 8.0.4.

A few of the more prominent fixes across all three versions are:

- Fix error that allowed "VACUUM" to remove ctid chains too soon
- Fix missing rows in queries like UPDATE a=... WHERE a... with GiST
index on column a
- Improve checking for partially-written WAL pages
- Various memory leakage fixes

For a complete list of fixes in each release, please see the HISTORY
file.

Source downloads are available at the following URLs:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v7.3.11

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v7.4.9

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.0.4

Linux/Windows Binaries for 8.0.4 are available via:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.0.4

These Point Releases do not require a dump/reload from the previous
Point, but *may* require one if upgrading from an earlier version. Please
see the Release Notes to confirm procedures for upgrading if your current
version is older then 1 Point Release.

Marc G. Fournier
PostgreSQL Core Team