Slony-I 1.1 Released

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slony-I 1.1 Released
Date: 2005-06-23 19:44:39
Lists: pgsql-announce

The Slony-I development team is pleased to present Slony-I 1.1.0, a
major new release of the most advanced replication system for the most
advanced "open source" database system. It is available at
<http://developer.postgresql.org/~wieck/slony1/download/slony1-1.1.0.tar.bz2>.

There have been a great deal of changes since version 1.0.5,
including:

o Greatly expanded documentation
o Logs optionally include date stamps
o Slonik now supports define/include (similar to CPP)
o Automatic generation of "Listen Paths" (formerly an error-prone manual process)
o slon daemons are greatly more configurable and can use config files
o Log shipping allows creating offline replicas
o Numerous improvements to automate maintenance
o Build environment no longer requires a full PostgreSQL source tree
This enormously eases the use of Slony-I on systems using prepackaged binaries.
o Numerous bug fixes

Many thanks to those who have contributed enhancements, test results,
and even bug reports, as all this contributes to improving
functionality and stability.
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html