Request Tracker ( RT ) recommends MySQL

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
To: Pg Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Request Tracker ( RT ) recommends MySQL
Date: 2005-09-09 02:51:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I've been away from the site and mailing list for better than a year so
was surprised as all get out that MySQL is ther recommended database for
RT. The version I installed over four years ago uses Pg.

My question is does anyone know why they decided to go with MySQL? ( Pg
7.3 or above is an alternative; as is Oracle ). I would ask the RT list
but don't want to get into any flaming combats and was hoping someone
here might know ( having risked being charred. )

Thanks,
Rod