Need CDs, Brochures, Swag for Comdex

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need CDs, Brochures, Swag for Comdex
Date: 2003-09-04 20:36:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

We're going to need some things for Comdex:

1) CDs: I would like to have a "PostgreSQL CD" which would include
installation scripts and source for (maybe betas of the below):
PostgreSQL 7.4
PGAdmin III
PhpPgAdmin 3.0
eRServer
Supplimentary documentation (stuff from Techdocs and General Bits).
This means we need:
a) someone to put together a CD image with all of the above;
b) someone to design CD labels
c) someone (several someones?) to donate cd-burning.

2) Banner: I'd like to have a banner of some sort. Volunteer designers? It
should be simple so that we can re-use it in the future. Maybe just
PostgreSQL and the elephant. I can probably do this, especially if anyone
can give me tips on fonts.

3) Brochure: We need a PostgreSQL 7.4 Brochure. I really, really need
someone to volunteer to put this together; there's no way I'm going to get it
done and my design skills suck. Please?

4) Not MySQL: Ian, I could use the "distilled" version of your "why not
MySQL" list, something suitable for a 2-sided B/W flyer with large type
headings.

5) Schwag: I'll talk to Marc about t-shirts etc.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions