tsearch2 dictionary for statute cites

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: tsearch2 dictionary for statute cites
Date: 2008-06-04 19:30:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

Has anyone dealt with the issue of using tsearch2 with statute cites
yet? Do you have a sample dictionary or any tips? We need to confirm
with the users, but I think desired behavior is that a statute cite of
'813.12(1)(am)' should be found on any leading portions -- that is,
any of the following search arguments should find it:

813
813.12
813.12(1)
813.12(1)(am)

On the other hand, a document containing '813.12(1)' (without the
'(am)' should be found by the first three of the above, but not the
last.

This would seem to require using a slightly different dictionary set
to create the tsquery than to create the tsvector. There's no problem
with that, is there?

-Kevin