Re: question about wal and point in time recovery

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan(at)arbinet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: question about wal and point in time recovery
Date: 2005-04-13 14:26:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Mohan, Ross" <RMohan(at)arbinet(dot)com> writes:
> In any case, do you have a pointer to this R&R WAL tool?

I haven't posted it anywhere, but here is the 8.0 version. You'd build
it something like this:

PGSQL=(location of PG source tree)
CC=gcc
CFLAGS=-Wall -O -I $(PGSQL)/src/include

xlogdump: xlogdump.c
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xlogdump xlogdump.c $(PGSQL)/src/backend/utils/hash/pg_crc.c

It needs improvement to understand more WAL record types, but what it
does has been sufficient for my debugging needs to date. Ideally
someone would clean it up and make it into a contrib module so it could
get into the source tree and be maintained properly ...

xlogdump.c.gz application/octet-stream 4.1 KB