Re: wxWindows Build

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: wxWindows Build
Date: 2003-06-26 15:14:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam H. Pendleton [mailto:fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net]
Sent: 26 June 2003 16:04
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] wxWindows Build

Dave Page wrote:

Yeuch. Have we completely removed the 2.4 target now?
How about the Mac port is non-Unicode only for now?

Regards, Dave.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean can we stil use wxMac
2.4? I have no idea; I don't know why the requirement for wxWindows 2.5
exists. I always assumed pgAdmin3 used some feature of wxWindows that
required 2.5. If that's not the case, I will happily move back to 2.4.
If Unicode support is the only reason to use 2.5, then sure, we can
support a non-Unicode Mac version, for know. Whatever the solution, let
me know what you decide. Right now I am trying to solve the QB and Mac
problems, so that we can have them ready when we release.

Hi Adam,

As far as I am aware it is just the Unicode support that we use 2.5 for.
BTW, when I can persuade it to install, I should have a FreeBSD 5.1 box
to play with - albeit a pretty slow one!

Regards, Dave