Re: [v9.2] DROP statement reworks

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [v9.2] DROP statement reworks
Date: 2011-10-02 20:08:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> writes:
>> I've been reviewing those patches, that are all about code refactoring.
>> I like what it's doing, generalizing ad-hoc code by adding some more
>> knowledge about the source tree into some data structures.  Typically,
>> what catcache to use for a given object's class-id.
>
> I rebased the patches towards the latest git master, so I believe these
> are available to apply.

Ok I needed `git apply' to apply the patches, now that I used that I can
confirm that the 3 patches apply, compile, pass tests, and that I could
play with them a little. I think I'm going to mark that ready for
commiter. I don't have enough time for a more deep review but at the
same time patch reading and testing both passed :)

You might need to post a version that patch will be happy with, though,
using e.g.

git diff |filterdiff --format=context > /tmp/foo.patch

Then diffstat reports:
35 files changed, 932 insertions(+), 1913 deletions(-), 345 modifications(!)

Dimitri Fontaine