Extensions, patch v17

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Extensions, patch v17
Date: 2010-12-12 20:50:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Here's the latest extension's patch.

The only item with still some work to be done on it is the regression
tests support: we're not aiming to full coverage is my understanding,
and installing contribs goes a long way towards testing extensions. Do
we want more? If so, please detail what exactly.

What's in v17:

- 9700 lines of context diff

- extension.control.in cleanup

This file is no longer supported nor mentioned in the docs. The
version property of the extension.control file has to be managed
there directly, we no longer offer any support for using any existing
way to obtain it from the extension's Makefile.

- psql integration rework

\dx list installed extensions
\dx[+] [PATTERN] list extension's objects
\dX [PATTERN] list installed and available extensions

dim=# \dx
List of extensions
Schema | Name | Version | Description
--------+---------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------
utils | adminpack | 9.1devel | Administrative functions for PostgreSQL
utils | cube | 9.1devel | data type for representing multidimensional cubes
utils | earthdistance | 9.1devel | calculating great circle distances on the surface of the Earth
utils | hstore | 9.1devel | storing sets of key/value pairs
utils | isn | 9.1devel | data types for the international product numbering standards
utils | lo | 9.1devel | managing Large Objects
(6 rows)

dim=# \dx lo
Objects in extension "lo"
Object Class | Object Description
--------------+---------------------------------
pg_extension | extension lo
pg_type | type utils.lo
pg_proc | function utils.lo_oid(utils.lo)
pg_proc | function utils.lo_manage()
(4 rows)

dim=# \dx+ lo
Objects in extension "lo"
Object OID | Object ClassOID | Object Class | Object Description
16388 | 3996 | pg_extension | extension lo
16389 | 1247 | pg_type | type utils.lo
16390 | 1255 | pg_proc | function utils.lo_oid(utils.lo)
16391 | 1255 | pg_proc | function utils.lo_manage()
(4 rows)

Dimitri Fontaine

extension.v17.patch.gz application/octet-stream 59.2 KB