Re: [v9.2] DROP statement reworks

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [v9.2] DROP statement reworks
Date: 2011-09-25 20:09:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> writes:
> 2011/8/15 Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>:
>> The attached three patches try to consolidate code path of DROP
>> statement on various kind of object classes.
>
> These are rebased to the latest tree, and the part-3 portion also consolidates
> DROP OPERATOR FAMILY/CLASS routines that I forgot to rework in the
> previous patch.

I've been reviewing those patches, that are all about code refactoring.
I like what it's doing, generalizing ad-hoc code by adding some more
knowledge about the source tree into some data structures. Typically,
what catcache to use for a given object's class-id.

The patches are not in git am format nor in patch format, so I could
only read them, I didn't install them nor compiled the code, didn't run
the regression tests.

Dimitri Fontaine