Re: ALTER OBJECT any_name SET SCHEMA name

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ALTER OBJECT any_name SET SCHEMA name
Date: 2010-11-21 21:47:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Ah, nuts.  I see now there's a v7.  Never mind...
>
> OK. I looked at the right version, now. Hopefully.

Yeah, that was the most recent one and I linked it in the commit fest
application. Given the very fast feedback I got, there has been a lot of
activity and patches versions produced, so that's easy to get confused.

> It seems we have no regression tests at all for any of the existing
> SET SCHEMA commands. This seems like a good time to correct that
> oversight, and also add some for the new commands you're adding here.

Yeah, it's time for me to have a look at regression tests :)

Please find attached set_schema.v8.patch with tests for the added
commands in the patch.

> (It might be helpful to submit the regression tests for the existing
> commands as a separate patch.) Also, you're missing psql tab
> completion support, which would be nice to have.

Do you still want me to prepare another patch for adding in the tests
the "set schema" variants that already existed but are not yet covered?
Which are the one you did spot, btw?

Completion support for psql. Isn't that stepping on David's toes? :)
I'll see about that later if needed, maybe sometime tomorrow…

Dimitri Fontaine

set_schema.v8.patch text/x-patch 47.7 KB