Re: ALTER OBJECT any_name SET SCHEMA name

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ALTER OBJECT any_name SET SCHEMA name
Date: 2010-11-25 22:00:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Please do. Tab completion support should really be included in the
> patch - adding it as a separate patch is better than not having it, of
> course.

Please find attached version 9 of the patch, which includes psql
completion support of the "SET SCHEMA" variant of already supported
ALTER commands.

That means I didn't add ALTER OPERATOR [CLASS,FAMILY] completion
support, my guess being there's no demand here, or the existing syntax
variants would be there already. And if there's demand, I don't feel
like it should be implemented as part of this very patch.

Dimitri Fontaine

set_schema.v9.patch text/x-patch 48.2 KB